Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ok...the Non-Tongue-in-Cheek Story...


One dark and stormy night, February 10th 2006, a quiet, unassuming, shy gal was grumbling over her computer. In a desperate attempt to avoid yet another homework assignment, she fashioned a letter to a tall dark and handsome stranger...(who says I have no imagination). Fed up with the dating scene a LONG time ago and determined to make new friends who liked similar activities (as to make avoiding homework a profession) she furtively typed a few lines and hit the 'Send' button before she could rethink all this foolishness. Before long, the short cute wonderful guy (Russell LOVES it when I call him short), replied...it appeared he was new to town and DESPERATE to get out of the house more. A few short conversations later, the daring man asked for the shy girl's phone number ('cause she was shy of course). They quickly set up a non-date date at Old Chicago's downtown for Feb 14th (he picked the date). As it turned out, fate was against them. The horrible Institution had set a test for the morning after the date ... and there was much studying (ha) to be done. The Handsome gentleman quickly suggested an alternative date.

Shy girl fussed and fretted and ratted her hair, the short guy did a load of laundry, and alas the time was here. They met (he brought flowers), they talked (much laughter was commenced by all), and the night was a definite success.

Now, 384 days later, the shy girl and the short guy are still in wonder about that date. How we got here, no one knows. But I, for one am eternally grateful for this wonderful person who just fell into my lap. Russell is all I could ever want in a partner, in a husband. We look forward to celebrating our love with each of you. Thank you to all that have been witness to our relationship, and all who have supported us this last year.

2 comments:

Keri Levy said...

Hi Katey!

This is Russell's cousin Keri. I just wanted to tell you guys congrats and that I am so happy for you! Do you guys have an email address I can have to keep in contact with you? My husband Brian and I will be at the wedding for sure! I can't wait to see my oldest cousin get married and the chance to meet you! Hope to talk later! My email is kerill@sbcglobal.net

J*Ro said...

i love the way you write! reminds me of high school for some strange reason but i am so glad that you have found such an amazing guy... i've never met him but he sounds pretty amazing. i'll be around next week for break, i'd love to get in touch with you.